Monday, March 11, 2002

Hangover. Poetic justice for the fool who decided to gulp down a bottle of something with 5% alcohol. Sure, it ain't much, but I don't usually drink. What began as a little 'drink while you surf' turned into a nightmarish 'my head is so heavy and I'm so hot and I can't sleep' on my bed as my father watched Antonio Banderas in The 13th Warrior in the hall outside. However, that little intoxicated stupor I got myself into last night wasn't all bad. I actually got up after an hour to start designing a tile-based engine in Java. Maybe I will be able to code Wasteland in Java after all.

Today, however, was hell on my team members. They most unwisely chose today of all days to inform me that my program flow needed serious alterations and that our deadline was *drumroll* this coming Thursday. I don't know why I even bother, considering that this is my last month at that company. The sheer excitement of it all, I guess.

The moral of this post:
  • Do not gulp down drinks, no matter how little alcohol they might contain. If you're thirsty, drink farking water.
  • Do not tell a guy with a bad hangover horrible news on a Monday.

No comments: