Saturday, July 20, 2002

Okay, it's a merry Saturday spent at the office. Here I am, at almost 9pm, still in the office. I've been here since 10.20am, but since no one was in yet, I had to sit outside the corridor until 11am. It's not as miserable as it sounds though - had one of my printouts to keep me company. That's why, as I always say, one should always have something to read in one's bag. Actually, I wouldn't be blogging now if my colleague hadn't rebooted the database server. Was feeling rather bored and strangely, panicky at the same time the whole day. My deadline's on Tuesday, and I've been assigned work I don't know how to do. Go figure. Throw the new guy stuff he can't do and expect him to get it done in time. What a bunch of bitches. Someone should come over here and spank my team leaders' asses blue.

To entertain myself, I've been downloading MP3s from the 80s. Nothing like a good 80s song to brighten up your day, get your feet tapping and almost making you burst into song.

( won't you come out and play with me? )
STEP BY STEP, HEART TO HEART
LEFT RIGHT LEFT, WE ALL FALL DOWN
LIKE TOY SOLDIERS


See what I mean? A shame there's still people in the office. Otherwise, oh God, I'll be having a real party. Of course, there's always the eternally-popular Pauline song to sing along too:

Years go by I'm lookin' through a girly magazine
And there's my classmate Pauline on the pages in-between

My BLOOD runs COLD
My MEMORY has JUST BEEN SOLD
PAULINE is the CENTERFOLD
PAULINE is the CENTERFOLD


I bet Darke, William Von gets a kick out of singing that song too. There's something really agonizing yet satisfying about seeing Pauline in the centerfold.

No comments: