Friday, August 09, 2002

My bosses in Hong Kong have this strange practice. They really like their subordinates here in Penang to stay back after work to call people in other countries who might not even be in the office. These bosses, they tend to get pushy. I think I've made quite a few enemies in other countries by now, especially with me having to constantly send them emails asking them to get things done for us. Personally, I don't really like doing that. If I've mailed Person A in Some Other Country, I don't want to stay back in the office after work till around 12am just to confirm with them over the phone that they've gotten my mail. More often than not, they're probably not in or they're too busy to entertain me.

It's really unfair, and with the extremely bad economy now, there's really nothing much employees can do. Bosses are so simple these days - "Don't like how we're treating you? Well, you know where the door is. There's a whole lot of people out there waiting to take your place. By the way, good luck on finding another job." And then you're screwed, because there really isn't a large number of jobs lying around.

There are always ways to get back at the company though. But there's only so much a person can do before management hauls his ass off to the police station. Oh sigh.

No comments: