Thursday, October 31, 2002

The problem of digging in nicely in Penang is that one gets contented. And when there's contentment, there's resistance to adverse changes. Like the company sending me away from Penang for an undisclosed amount of time. It's under consideration, of course. I don't have an international passport, and hopefully I don't get sent anywhere. I mean, I don't mind being sent off to maybe America if I get to stay in a grand hotel, get three well-stocked yet exceedingly delicious buffet meals a day and have all the time I want to go shopping for stuff and perhaps even play some tabletop RPG with at the local hobby shops.

However, I don't see that happening. More likely I'll get sent to some remote region ( like a truly isolated village in China ) or some place where I won't be able to communicate with the natives ( eg. Hong Kong ), and I won't even have weekends off. Some people might say that I'm a fool for not wanting to travel, but I think that's not applicable if the only things you'll see are the other country's airport, some roads, the office where you'll be spending the majority of your time in and the little room the company allocates to you to bathe and put your stuff ( you sleep in the office, see, cause you're there to work, not play ).

Is there a point to all this? Hell yeah.

IF travelling implies lots of work, no weekends off and missing Thursday night TV shows
THEN I do not want to go
ELSE I'm there, baybee

Okay, so I'm being petty here. But I can't help it. Paranoia insists that every plane taken by me is headed towards Hell.

No comments: