Thursday, December 19, 2002

Melancholy has set it. I don't know, it could be the coffee. Gave me the much-needed boost in the morning, but come the afternoon and I start suffering from post-lunch syndrome. Doesn't help that everyone else in the office is happily chatting away to each other about the new project and here I am, twisting my brains in ways unimaginable trying to design some whackout application from hell ( where the requirements have NOT changed, but they might soon ). Yes, I'm left out of the new project. Why? I'm not too sure, but I have at least two theories.

Theory One: The whole damn project's in Chinese. I'm not talking verbal - EVERYTHING about it is written in Chinese characters. So Mr. Non-Chinese here is pretty useless.

Theory Two ( the conspiracy theory ): I'm getting fired next year. That's why no one here bothers to chat with me, except for that one guy in the office.

I'm handling this pretty well myself, thank you. Worst case scenario - I go postal and people start falling off Gurney Tower ( not me, everyone else ). Most likely scenario - I go home and weep in the solitude of my dark cramped crowded dusty cobwebby room. Most hoped for scenario - I get a job which pays higher, has less work and has a close to no traffic route to my home.

No comments: