Saturday, September 20, 2003

Don't you just love them cool rainy nights? You, the rain outside, thunder in the distance, the cool wind blowing around the house, George Romero's 'Day of the Dead' playing on the computer ( with the zombies going "gaa... gaa... gaa..." ), the neighbour's windows shutting because of the wind... it's a very relaxed way to spend the very early hours of Saturday. So maybe the rain did catch me by surprise. I rushed to the balcony to take in the clothes because seriously? Not really expecting another downpour after Friday's extremely wet and slippery ( in a rainy sense ) morning. Of course, 'take in the clothes' session was followed by 'deliciously hot shower' session. Because hot showers are always best when it's all cold and rainy outside. Brr... nice cool wind.

And I have this sudden craving for economy rice. In fact, I'm looking forward to a hefty plate of economy rice for my next lunch. Is it odd? Do other people look forward to eating economy rice? I can't say for sure, for though the thought of anticipating a relatively mundane meal might sound strange, it just seems so right.

No comments: