Sunday, June 27, 2004

Sarah McLachlan's songs bring to mind the more carefree days of university life in UM. It doesn't matter which song she sings - they all have that Sarah McLachlan quality to them. Back in the day, I used to listen to Mirrorball songs played over the air, and even Bentong Chris had the entire album. These days, we have Afterglow with 'Fallen'. And everytime I hear it, I suddenly get this swift glimpse of me driving down Jalan University pass the Section 17 traffic lights towards SS2 during the day. It's very Frank Black in a nostalgic not-really-useful way. I'm thinking, it either means I've somehow developed reactionary nostalgic flashbacks ( which would be cool if it were a harbinger to a more useful yet deadly talent ), or I've been watching one episode too many of Millennium.

No comments: