Saturday, February 12, 2005

Today I found a mecca of sorts at Tate's Comics. Lucky me, it was near to where I was residing in Plantation. Right after work, we went to Publix to get some chicken for dinner. Then I dropped my colleagues off at the hotel and made my way to the shop. I wandered around the store in a daze, looking at all the action figures. I didn't know they had so many Buffy / Angel action figures! And Ghostbusters figures! And a whole lot more. And the graphic novels were just... wow. Stunning. So many GNs, so little money. After about an hour wandering around the place and pretty much oohing and aahing at everything, I asked the salesgirl at the counter if she had plush Cthulhu toys, and then she pointed me to the gaming store.

"Fifty paces away," said the guy who was minding the store with the girl. After playing around with a bendy skeleton, I took a walk and there it was. Filled with people gaming away. LOADED with gaming stuff. I can probably get the entire D20 Modern run there. And the whole D20 3.5 run. And the whole new World of Darkness run. And a lot of whole runs. AND, I finally got... Cthulhu plush! Well, just baby Cthulhu and baby Nyarlethotep, but I'm happy :D. The bigger plush Cthulhu was too expensive.

And they even had Grave Robbers from Outer Space. And the salesguys at the gaming store, just like the salesgirl in the toy/comic store, were very nice. Heck, first time I felt at home in America.

No comments: