Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Workwise, it's been a productive day. I've managed to pretty much finish up quite a lot of the stuff I needed to get done. The company has a new rule now where you have to wait for someone to wait for someone to create a new file in the server, so instead of twiddling my thumbs, I filled my time with more workstuff while waiting for someone waiting for someone. Actually we're all still playing the waiting game. I don't see it ending soon. It'll just go on and on.

It's back to one of the lessons they teach you in Planescape: Torment. Tradition without reason. In this case, process without reason. At least, they don't tell us the reason why a simple ten second task has turned into a huge time-consuming hulking white elephant utter complete waste of time tedious half day process. Or in certain cases, a full day or so. This is how you lose employees. You make it harder for them to do their jobs without bothering to explain why and then you expect them to get more done. I saw this day coming a long time ago but hey, let's not listen to the loser engineer with the fake degree ( software engineering? be serious ) from the wrong side of town.

It's been a simmery day. That brainless process completely annoyed me after lunch. By the time darkness fell, I was feeling feral. At more than one point I was tempted to bite my arm off, just to save the company the trouble of rehiring new engineers ( on account of a massacre ). Grrr. Right now though, I'm more than a little tired. Perhaps some sleep will help.

A room costs 10 gold per night. Rest here [y/n]? _

No comments: