Friday, October 07, 2005

Lizard on my Windshield

I was heading home shortly after midnight when I realized the lizard on my car bonnet. It was young, not yet an adult. The skin was still pale and spotless, the eyes large black dots on its little reptilian head. I observed it for awhile when my car stopped at the traffic lights outside Sunshine Square. It moved to the front of the bonnet, then back again to the windshield. I was tempted to turn on my wipers when it came within range, but I decided that decapitating a lizard at midnight wasn't exactly what I wanted to do. Anyway, it would have been messy.

So I drove steadily to the Bayan Baru roundabout, keeping an eye on the lizard. I had this fear that it would suddenly find its way into the car, but that didn't happen. After the roundabout, the lizard headed further up the windshield, its head facing upwards towards the roof of my car. And I stepped on the accelerator.

120km/h, and still the lizard clung on to the windshield. It was motionless all the time as I accelerated and maintained that speed for quite awhile. Finally, fearful of speedtraps and the occasional hidden police, I finally slowed down to a decent 80km/h. At the highway outside Sunnyville, I realized that the lizard had suddenly moved much further to the left of the windshield, its head now facing the front of the car. A moment later, the lizard was gone. I surmise my little reptilian friend must have tried to move around a bit as the car was traveling at 80km/h. That's a good way to get yourself blown away.

Thus ends the tale of the lizard on my windshield. In other news, as I reached the Georgetown end of the Jelutong Highway (where we have the half-completed flyover), there was this car going down the highway very slowly in the opposite direction. What a doofus. I hope no one gets killed on account of the driver of that vehicle.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lizards ! yucks!

hel said...

that was me! not some anonymous person.

Anonymous said...

Awww... anonymous Hel.

Nicholas Prose said...

Aw CRAP. That was me, not some other anonymous person.

William Darke said...

You farks don't even know how to comment properly.

hel said...

shuddup you ducke person

Nicholas Prose said...

Ya shhhhh, duckieboy.