Monday, January 30, 2006

Happy Chinese New Year 2006

Woof woof! It's the Year of the Dog!

I've eaten so much over the past few days I just know I have ballooned up. The end of CNY this year will see some serious food guilt. Actually, the guilt's already creeping up on me, but if I crumble now, I'll never finish all the food in my house. All the lovely peanut cookies and choc chip cookies and kuih kapek... brrr.

The sun has been searingly hot, making this just like another hot CNY. I've only been around town these few days, and the traffic's been admirable. I know there are a lot of cars in Penang right now, but it seems that the majority of them are not in Georgetown. Heard the bridge is jammed real tight though. And just before that, on the eve of CNY, the highway. My advice to the prodigal ones coming home - avoid the rush by travelling when no one else is.

I hope this year brings everyone more fun challenges, more luck and more money. Ganbatte!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been so long since I read your blog. It's sad that I found out I was never part of your team at work.How sad...how stupid...

hel said...

jonnie! cant finish em cookies? ship those goodies over!

hel said...

oh, also gong xi fa chai hehe

Nicholas Prose said...

Hel - By the time the cookies reach you, either the ants would have eaten them or all hancur liao.

Anonymous - The fun part about anonymous messages is that you could be anyone, even someone I do not even work with (is this you, Von Darke?). Nice try, gong xi fa cai, next time do try to keep comments with the relevant posts, ya. Kthxbye.

William Darke said...

WTF^^ not me! You've got yourself a troll!

Nicholas Prose said...

Farking hell. A troll. On my blog too. Apologies, Von Darke.

glinar said...

gong xi gong xi :D