Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Laying on the Adipose Layers

Obesity can sneak up on you like a thief in the night. One packet of Cheezels too many, and suddenly there's an extra layer of fat on the tummy. It's tragic how quickly I can gain weight, especially when I take forever to grow just a little thinner. Right now, my stomach is highly flexible. One of the ways I torture myself in the shower is by gathering water in between the folds of stomach fat I have. Then I walk around the toilet for awhile before the emotional pain becomes too much to bear. At that point I let my stomach flop down and watch everything go down the drain with a heavy heart.

Watching my food doesn't seem to be working. I can eat little for lunch and dinner, but somewhere along the line, I'll just lose it and go on to devour everything edible in sight. Kinda like a bear after waking up from a nice bout of hibernation. I fear that age is causing me a lot in terms of mental discipline. Gone is that aluminium will which drove me to do exercise just about everyday. Now all I have is a rubbery will that occasionally gets me off my ass to walk around the house for awhile.

This is how fat middle-aged men are produced. Slowly. Surely. Inevitable.

You cannot run from fatty destiny.

2 comments:

Simoniac said...

You are always welcome to come and work out with me. My dad's estate needs hardy men like you!! :-P

Nicholas Prose said...

Man, that sounds a bit Brokeback Mountain-ish. Sweaty hardworking men under the sun!