Thursday, October 12, 2006

Mantra of Serenity

In order to avoid a genocide on noisy people in my workplace, I repeat the following mantra:

My colleagues are retarded.
My colleagues are retarded.
My colleagues are retarded.
My colleagues are retarded.
My colleagues are retarded.
My colleagues are retarded.
My colleagues are retarded.
My colleagues are retarded.

Over and over again. The one sitting on the other side of the cube from me is the most retarded of all. Maybe he was dropped on his head when he was young. Maybe after he was orphaned, he had to make a lot of noise by himself to fend away the loneliness you would feel when your parents pass away when you're twelve. I don't know what his story is, but right now, the theory that he's noisy because of some severe mental retardation or trauma is the only thing keeping me from bludgeoning him to death with my brand new laptop.

I was actually contemplating on attending the teambuilding event this year. What the hell, right? Let's go out and make friends. After my office turned into a Beijing market this morning, they'll have to drag me to ANY event with them in chains, with me screaming bloody murder.

I'm sorry. I've actually been in rather high spirits ever since I came back from the KL wedding (which I *will* write about soon). Helped my mother with her PC hibernation issue. Bought a laptop for my dad (and I'll probably just starve for the rest of the month or something so he doesn't need to pay me back). But I just received news about my new assignment, and it's so not what I want to be doing for the next year or so. Add A WHOLE LOT OF NOISE IN THE OFFICE to that and my frame of mind just goes to hell. Everything I see is red now.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

hoi...where's the fake boobs stressball pic u promised? :P

Nicholas Prose said...

:o!!

Wait la... a lot of work now. Some more so noisy. Stress nia.

*squeeze* *squeeze* *squeeze*