Sunday, October 15, 2006

State of the Month October 2006

So here we are in the middle of the month. I wanna recap a couple of stuff which I've been wanting to blog about but never had the time until now.

The Wedding of Keantucky & Siput
Keantucky's this guy I've known since Standard 5. In fact, Standard 5 was the year he joined my primary school. That year, we became friends because we were both in the band together. Fast forward to being in the same class, joining the disciplinary boards, keeping in contact during the uni years (relatively, for I'm introverted) and then getting into the same company for our first job. Then he went off to KL to work, and now look, he finally married his university sweetheart Siput (who, fyi, is pretty hot - we cannot deny his good choice of mate).

For his wedding, Von Darke and I made a night trip to KL on Friday night after a lot of debate regarding the Penang Bridge jam. The WeiYi put us up in her house, where we whiled away the time watching Travel & Living and sipping whisky in the late hours of the day. Sunday night was the night of the wedding. It was a hazy day, but then, KL was hazy all the time we were there. We went off to Tropicana for first the wedding service (where I realized that the bible could get very sexist sometimes), and then the wedding dinner. It was nice to see my old friends again. Reminds me of the time back in school when I had more friends.

The New Team
Starting from this coming week, I'll be starting in a new project. Away from my old team. In fact, from what I've heard, I'll be working pretty much alone. Not that I mind, except that the nature of my new work seems to indicate that I'll just be cleaning up stuff and documenting the work of the senior engineer before me. It's just office boy work. And the senior engineer's going to get all the credit, so I'm going to end up doing essentially nothing for the next few months. I feel like MPPP. Or maybe a sacrificial lamb for someone else's convenience. But ah. What can I do? I'm being paid for this.

A New Laptop
My father's new laptop, wholly sponsored by me. That's a big dent in my bank account, largely because the purchase wasn't planned. It's a spiffy machine, endorsed by Von Darke himself. It'll arrive sometime this coming Monday. But, what a hole in the wallet. Right now, I've about RM100 to last until my salary is banked in again at the end of the month. Back to the days of university life, when RM100 could be stretched out to last one whole month. I'll need to lie low for awhile. Eat less. Eat cheap. Invest in a few packets of Maggi Mee.

10 comments:

Foo Chee Chiau said...

Hi Jonathan :P Thanks for being Alice Jam Nirvana Garden's fan :D

Foo Chee Chiau said...

You don't have to remove my previous comment :P"

Nicholas Prose said...

Ooh, I thought bot comment :P.

Foo Chee Chiau said...

So, how the hell did you manage to obtain my blog site? ;) From LTD fella? :D

Nicholas Prose said...

Yeah hehehe. Link here, link there, whoops, can see your pretty face liao :P.

Foo Chee Chiau said...

Sharon gave u my link must be ;) We only talked once in Jerejak Black Belt Team Power training and u linked my blog to yours, surprised! :D

Sharon said...

OMG, Alice Jam Nirvana Garden spammed you too! LOL

Foo Chee Chiau said...

So Sharon, finally you know how to spell Alice Jam Nirvana Garden in full with spaces in between the words :P

Sharon said...

DUHHHHH~~~
whats with the obsession with the spelling anyway?

Foo Chee Chiau said...

Alice Jam Nirvana Garden is my blog trademark title :P You can only find AliceJamGarden in Petaling Street =P